Good morning everyone,

Thank you Janet, for reinforcing the messages below!  And thank you, Fran
Landes, my sister, diagnosed with Parkinson's, 5 years ago, in her
mid-forties, for calling me this morning, and holding my feet to the fire, to
fine-tune what we'll cover on the radio show today at 10:30 a.m.  Fran keeps
me focused. I love you, Fran.

I have half an hour until I leave for the studio.  Hope you can all tune in
to listen. This show is for you.  In South Florida, 1470 AM radio. Anywhere
else in the world, www.WNNHealthTalkRadio.com. Click on LISTEN-LIVE.

Alison Landes
Take Charge! Cure Parkinson's, Inc.

In a message dated 4/15/03 10:38:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> [...]
> joining
> >us as a special guest via telephone interview tomorrow on a radio program
> >airing live from South Florida on 1470 AM radio and accessible world-wide
> via
> >the Internet, Wednesday April 16, 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. EST (Florida,
> USA)
> >time, at www.WNNHealthTalkRadio.com.  The show is called Good Work and
> we've
> >arranged for a special part 2 of the program on Wednesday as the show
> usually
> > airs on Fridays.
> >
> >Mayor Steve Abrams of Boca Raton will be with us, live, in the studio,
> along
> >with Joel Wilson, age 55, diagnosed at 49.  Joel, a successful business
> man,
> >had to scale back his businesses and basically retire from the stressful
> and
> >demanding schedule due to his Parkinson's symptoms.
> >
> >Other guests interviewed via telephone include former Attorney General
> Janet
> >Reno, Dr. Diane Murphy, the director of Neurodegenerative Cluster at
> NINDS,
> >Bill Harrington, the talented poet, whom many of you know as
> >[log in to unmask] (bill harrington), myself, and of course the hosts,
> >Joy Siegel, Cliff Weidberg and Ron Hersey.
> >
> >I hope many of you will join us tomorrow morning to hear about the launch
> of
> >two national and international events each of which welcomes your
> >participation. First, is the exciting national touring art-poetry exhibit,
> >"With Parkinson's, Don't Order the Soup," and second, is Take Charge with
> >Tulips ~ Plant a Garden of Hope.   Details for both are on our site.  We
> will
> >be launching this event with Mayor Steve Abrams, in the studio, tomorrow.
> >Tune in for details about how your city can participate.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >Alison Landes
> >Founder/ Chair
> >Take Charge! Cure Parkinson's, Inc.
> >1489 W. Palmetto Park Road  Suite 442
> >Boca Raton, Florida  33486
> >Tel: 561.620.1970  Fax: 561.395.8424
> >E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
> >Web site: www.cureparkinsons.org
>
> alison
>
> it's great to hear about your efforts on behalf of all of us!
>
> soup and tulips sound like a grand combination to me.
>
> and it's good to hear that a former pienet listmember,
> bill harrington, is managing to stay out of trouble!
>
> i wish you all the best with your broadcasts;
> unfortunately my antique 486 pc won't co-operate
> so i may have to rely on reports by others
> ( ... and maybe transcripts? ...)
>
> yrs in parkiness
>
> janet
>
> janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit primarily perky, parky
> pd: 56-41-37 cd: 56-44-43 tel: 613-256-8340 email: [log in to unmask]

Alison Landes
Founder/ Chair