Dear Joan,First of all, you, too, are one of my heroes.You do so much good we count on you to "keep on keepin' on," as we used to say in the Sixties. After we've wiped our tears and mourned our martyrs, we all do. Now that I have lost my job and have more time than money I intend to become active in fueling the search for The Cure. The clock is ticking, brain cells are  dying, and there are battles to be fought and won before we, too, are counted among the fallen. I may not be able to wield a sword, but I wield a mean pen.Carole Hercun

Joan E Snyder <[log in to unmask]> wrote:i have been trying to get this right for several days now, but
everytime, i start to write about the deaths of two such important men
who both helped me so very much in the very early days of my
participation on this list, i can't stop the tears. i feel so helpless
and at times i wonder what good it does me to get up each morning and
put on a positive attitude and come in here, sit at the computer and
start to work the phones, hoping against hope that i can help to stop
this. there is a cartoon making the rounds and as i cannot send it as
an attatchment, i will describe it for you. in this cartoon a man
identified only as a Parkinson's Patient is sitting in a waiting room
reading a newspaper. the door, marked Therapeutic Cloning Debate, is
opened by a man who says: "We resolved the sanctity of life question.
You didn't make the cut." at the bottom of the page is a doodle that
says "you did recieve an honorable mention." well, honorable mention
isn't good enough or timely enough for joe and bruce and so many others
who have gone before us. i need to feel that i am empowered again rather
than this helplessness that is weighing down my soul. meanwhile, i need
a box of kleenex and some meds. joan

--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder 51/13
http://www.pwnkle.com/jes/jes_web/index.htm

"Hang tough...........no way through it but to do it."
Chris-in-the-Morning (Northern Exposure)