Ah, shucks... Charlotte  P.S. You're a good man, Greg Wasson; and A.J. Campbell, you're a pretty good match too! Proud to know both of you, and Maxine Krugman, and Helen Mason, and the list goes on--see how it works folks--it's a grassroots network of advocates and friends.
Greg Wasson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Maxine, you have turned into a flatterer, and we thank you. But one good turn deserves another, so I should mention two things here, which some of you may know, but most I suspect will not. What Maxine is too modest to mention is that she, along with Charlotte Mancuso and Helen Mason, were the three advocates that got AJ and I started. Maxine held our hands during our first testimony ever in March 2002. And when I saw a video that included testimony by Maxine before the Cal Senate HHS Committee, I thought "I could never do that." Steady, direct, articulate, impressive. The Charlotte and Helen story is too long to go into, but suffice to say it started with storming Sen Feinstein's No Cal Office - three plus years later one of us finally got to say Hi to the Senator. Nobody doesn't have mentors. And it helps to have good ones.

Maxine Krugman wrote:greg and a.j. are fantastic representatives of and for the parkinson
community...i have certainly witnessed this with my own eyes. their efforts
in california have a domino affect all over the country, maybe the world. the
strength of the parkinson advocacy community in california, led by greg and
a.j. supports our legislators in their struggle to move forward on our
behalf.
greg and a.j., you are remarkable, particularly in view of your day to day
challenges...and we all owe you two a huge debt of gratitude. thank you.
maxine