dear friends (especially dolores, carole, and janet):
thank you so much for all the wonderful spirit and unqulified concern
that you send me...but i have rebounded out of the nasty blue funk that
i was in this am when i wrote my feel-sorry-for-myself post. janet and
carole, you both know, as writers, that i can be a bit of a drama queen
when i need to vent. i didn't get any sleep last night because the cell
phone started to beep at 2 am because it was low on batteries and needed
to be charged. i didn't want to wake stan up by falling down trying to
get it on the charger, so i snuck out to the kitchen to hide it under
all of the towels in the towel drawer. even tho i was very quiet, i
managed to rouse our pet collie, lassie, who was sleeping on the back
porch and she started to bark her fool head off, waking up the entire
household. when we finally did get everyone back to bed, it was only for
two hours and the kids were cranky and quarellsome until they finally
left for school and it was so gray and dismal outside and that was my
frame of mind when i wrote that. suffice to say that i am back to my old
self after a long nap and a hot shower. janet, i understand your
concern, but please know that i am good friends with the head of the
area mental health association. we work together to keep the public and
pwp's at my events aware that cd is a real and easy-to-ignore problem
that is just beyond the horizon for all of us. she keeps a pretty good
eye on my disposition so i am in good hands! besides that, things are
coming together so beautifully for our shake, rattle & roll weekend.
we've been getting great response from corporate sponsors and also have
6 baskets (each worth $500.00) to raffle. and last week,i was thrilled
to have returned to me, a pair of boxing gloves that holly bought and we
sent them to Mr. Muhammad Ali with a letter requesting that he autograph
them.........and he did!!!!!! also, about the article that i wrote
(along with help from Drs. Barglow & Etzold) about stem cells and
cloning-it was the topic of a tv interview last night on the subject and
i have been getting to know an area ethist and morals lawyer for the
Catholic Church. it is such a complex and tangeled subject and i am
learning more about it each day.
again, my thanks for your concern and care, i am fine and busy and back
to my usual good humor.  j

--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder       51/13
http://www.pwnkle.com/jes/jes_web/index.htm