I wanted to let you know about some recent additions to the
GrassRootsConnection website.
www.grassrootsconnection.com

 Paula Wittekind, Peg Willocks and I were honored to interview
Congressman Lane Evans for the GRC. An 11th term Democrat from Illinois,
Lane  Evans is a leading member of the Congressional Parkinson's Working
Group. Representative  Evans understands very well what it is like to
live with Parkinson's, since he is a PWP himself.

He is also the ranking Democratic Member of the House Veterans’ Affairs
Committee, and a champion for veteran's rights in Congress - he was
largely responsible for legislation providing compensation for veterans
exposed to Agent Orange during the Vietnam War, and was one of the first
in Congress to address the medical problems (many neurological in nature)
of  Persian Gulf vets.

There is also updated information on the FY 2004 U.S. federal budget and
appropriations process, updated news from Australia on stem cell research
progress, and information on efforts going on in many state legislatures
to protect or to ban stem cell research. See links from the GrassRoots
Connection homepage.

As always, your comments and contributions of news, articles and other
information are welcomed.
Linda Herman