I had discussed this problem in the chat room.  I don't know if it is the PD
or the Mirapex or maybe even the emotional affect of the diagnosis.  I
became very obsessive, for example I would rearrange my kitchen cabinets two
or three times a week and that led me to purchase organization and storage
products (my kitchen cabinets look great by the way!)  Next I started on my
closets and had the same obsession, then I started just shopping.

Since this all began around the same time as my diagnosis which also happens
to (of course) be when I started the meds I can't be sure of the cause and
effect.  I   have been on the meds for seven months now and I recognize the
obsession and have become somewhat successful at channeling  it in a
positive way (i.e gardening, photography) rather than just buying to be
buying.

I know that there were others with whom I discussed this I just don't
remember who they were.

Don't know if I was much help, If you are asking for suggestions to control
the obsession I would suggest channeling it away from shopping.  My "Self
evaluation" is that I wanted to somehow reconfirm that I was alive and able
to control my life...not let the PD control me.  Therefore if I can control
something less harmful than spending...i.e. gardening I still feel in
control.

Thanks
---
Laura Kreisler