I think there were a few people that remarked on this, and I know Linda from
the West Coast was one as well as myself.  My husband has cognitive issues as
a result of his PD and he is much like a child in that he doesn't quite
understand that he just can't buy what he wants. He ran up tremendous charge
bills on everyday items like cereal on sale and he'd buy ten of each flavor
if the kids liked it, and other small things. He couldn't understand the
debit card/credit card thing and used his debit as a credit card.

Still, if he has a set amount of money, he will spend it immediately and has
no patience for waiting on anything at all. I limit how much money he has
because he does spend it so freely and unfortunately, his folks will indulge
him in anything he wants most of the time, which makes it worse.