Okay, below is what I have submitted so far. We have until midnight to make
changes, so I'll check back periodically through the day.

Note: If you see your name listed on the proposal below, I need to have you
send me (off-list to [log in to unmask]) your contact information
(mailing address, phone numbers --hone, office, fax--, email address).

The proposal so far:

Teaching Writing in Canada

This special interest session focuses on issues in teaching writing in
Canada at both the secondary (high) school level and at the university
level. Speakers will offer short (5-8 minute) position papers on various
aspects of teaching writing; these papers will be followed up by a group
discussion.

Participants:
Tom William, University of Toronto, "Politics in K-12 and undergraduate
composition."
Laura Atkinson, The Manitoba Teacher's Society, "Teaching Teachers to Teach
Writing in
Canada."
Doug Brent, University of Calgary, "Education in professional communication
and workplace writing in
Canada."
Tosh Tachino and Jennifer Gilbert, Carleton University, "Rhetoric and
Reality in the Writing Center

---------