Hi! Susan:
    I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis of PD.  But, unfortunately we
cannot do anything about it.  The right thing to do is face the devil right
in its face and do all we can to cope up with the disease.  I think you took
the right sep in joining this group.
    By now I presume you know the cause of PD.  It is caused by the slow but
progressive death of dopamine producing neurons in our brain.  First thing
what I did was to find out what were the things that I could do to slow the
death of neurons.  These include addition of important anti-oxidants in my
daily intake. eg. reduced glutathione, lipoic acid, NADH.  I am also taking
Co enzyme Q-10, Viamin E, Vit B12, folic acid.  I take at least one cup of
green tea with honey every morning.  I also take one cup of coffee per day.
I have added important nerve protecting food to my diet: blue berries, straw
berries and spinach.
    Other than this, you should follow your doctor's instructions, as long
as you understand that currently there is no cure for PD, only symptomatic
relief that can make our daily life somewhat tolerable.  Pretty dismal
outlook, if you ask me. However, there is a lot we could do to improve our
lot through this group.  You shall find out sooner or later that is the only
way out for us.  To support further research and to keep in touch with
others like us and sharing our experiences go a long way in lessening our
pain.
    You should also develop a new attitude in your life. You should quickly
learn to "Fight like a tiger and think like a fox" and never let this
disease get you down.
    Welcome to the club!
        Raj