My sister is struggling hard with her Parkinson's, but hanging in there.
She is on a lot of meds, as I compare her intake to what I see reported on
this site, and suffers from all the usual side effects, particularly
constipation.  On top of all that, she struggles to keep her thoughts clear
as her meds rise and fall.  She is trying to find a psychiatrist within a
reasonable driving distance, which I think is a great idea.  The goal is to
find someone who can get a fresh look at her meds program, have some medical
understanding of the state of her PD and have some training to help her deal
with the emotional ups and downs, too.

We both live in Flint, MI.  An hour's drive, more or less, puts her within
reach of East Lansing (MSU territory), Ann Arbor (U of M) and the northern
Detroit suburbs.  Even Port Huron might be OK.  Can anyone in those areas
suggest someone with experience?  The emphasis here is to find someone to
help on the 'soft' side of this condition.

Thanks.

John in Flint, MI