Fellow People with Parkinson's:

I'm volunteering for the "Portraits of Hope" project.   We want to put a human face on the controversy surrounding stem cell research.  I favor this research, and I hope you do too.  Stem cell research is safe, ethical, and can potentially cure Parkinson's and a lot of other diseases.

We're collecting and publishing on the internet "portraits" which honor people who might be cured through stem cell research.  We have under 100 portraits so far.  Our objective is to get at least 1000.  We need your help.

To publish a portrait on the web, we need a brief text (100 to 1000 words) and a photograph.  (If no digital photo is available, you could scan a regular photo into your computer or go to a copy shop and have them put the photo into digital form and e-mail it to us.)  Photos may be recent ones, or taken at any time in the past.  In the text for the portrait, please say something about your interests, past and present, and how Parkinson's affects your life.   You could also mention your support for stem cell research.  You can see the portraits already posted by going to our website(http://www.stemcellaction.org).

If you have questions, please let me know ([log in to unmask]).   I hope to hear from you.

George L. Bousliman
age 62; diagnosed in 1987