  From: Raymond Barglow
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 12:31 PM
  Subject: Re: Please Help -- stem cells, genetics, etc. -- and I have an important request.

  Dear Lavanya,
  You might take a look at our websites, http://www.sabr.us and http://www.stemcellaction.org for more information about such matters. You can also search the web to get a wealth of information.

  Lavanya, I need your help and the help of everyone in this group! I volunteer for an project called "Portraits of Hope", which is sponsored by the Stem Cell Action Network. (website is http://www.stemcellaction.org ). We want to put a human face on the controversy surrounding stem cell research, including therapeutic cloning research.

  We are collecting, and publishing on the Internet, "portraits," each of which honors an individual person who has a condition such as Parkinson's that stem cell research might help to cure. Many people in this discussion group have sent in their portraits.

  At our "Portraits of Hope" webpage (http://www.sabr.us/portraits-nav.htm ), we have posted several portraits of people with Parkinson's, among other illnesses, and we would like to create a portrait for you as well.

  Best wishes, and I hope to hear from you soon.

  Raymond Barglow