I finally got all my papers in to STRS (State Teachers Retirement
System) well actually not all of them.  My family doc has been very
supportive.  My nuerologist made some little digs at me over the phone.
  Sort of a "hey, you can't do this without me." sort of a deal.  I
finally told him that I had treid to get in to see him but couldn't so
I went ahead without him.  By the end of the call he said that he'd
take care of it.  Hopefully that means he'll support me.  I have an
appointment in two weeks.  It's weird but don't you just feel like you
have to tread so carefully around  your doctors.  Seems like it should
be the other way around.
The STRS people so far have been very helpful and friendly.  I have
been assigned an analyst and she has sent requests for information (how
old my kids are, highest salary, etc.) so things are poking along.  I'm
really feeling good about the income protection plan I bought 5 years
ago.  It cost about $25/month and it will cover me at 75% of my salary
for two years.  That's quite a load off my mind.. if STRS is pokey or
hesitant about approving my claim, I'm covered for more than two years.
  I'm hoping all goes well and quickly.
This whole "at home guy" situation is odd, but I need to rest so I'll
leave it for another day.

Scott