Susan,
The speech difficulties you wrote about are very common among PWP. Many
also have problems with low voice volume and lack of vocal expression
(like the facial Parkinson's mask). Most annoying to me has been exactly
what you described about blanking out on words - especially not being
able to recall people's names (very embarrassing when you're about  to
introduce someone!)
There's a speech therapy program called  Lee Silverman Voice Treatment
that some people have found helpful. I believe it deals mainly with
volume and articulation. Maybe someone on the list who's gone through the
therapy will write about their experiences.

For more information about  LSVT also see "Parkinson's Disease -Speaking
Out" on the NPF website:
http://www.parkinson.org/speak.htm

Linda Herman