At 6:57 AM -0500 5/18/03, Tom McCreary wrote:
>I have been on 40mg Paxil for almost 1 year, up from 20 which I have
>taken for almost  years.  I haven't noticed any improvement other
>than the depression is more obvious.  I am ready for a new
>anti-depressant that will take the "blues away".  I am self-employed
>without much pressure but it gets to be overwhelming at times.  I do
>have a lot of decisions to make and I worry about my wife having to
>assume more of the daily responsibilities as months march by.  And
>the ever present financial concerns, etc.  Is there any practical
>next drug to request or avoid.  What is the best way to come off one
>and begin the next drug?  What  are likely Reponses to this change?

I too was on Paxil for years but found it destroyed my libido -- no
sex drive left at all. Upon the advice of a new doctor, I switched to
another antidepressant called Wellbutrin. Libido restored and the
pleasure of sex once more enjoyed! I understand that Wellbutrin is
borderline aphrodisiac...

And, btw, Zoloft also destroys the sex drive.

But you have to slowly wean yourself off of Paxil. When I tried to
stop cold turkey I encountered radical side effects and resumed Paxil
and tapered off.

Hope this helps,

--
Warmest regards

Murray
mailto:[log in to unmask]

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the
engineers are German, the administrators are Swiss and the lovers are
Italian. Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are British,
the engineers are Italian, the administrators are French and the
lovers are Swiss.

--
Best regards,

Murray
mailto:[log in to unmask]

'The surest sign that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the
universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.' Calvin and
Hobbes