Murray, after attending Bob Benjamin's 2002 "Light of Day " concert in
New Jersey with my husband, and watching the Boss join Joe Grushecky &
his band on stage, i gotta tell you that the place was way beyond
anything  i have ever experienced! to be able to see Bruce smiling &
laughing & truly enjoying himself as he jammed with friends to benefit
PD was a absolute delight...i cannot wait until this new cd is
released!!! thanks for the info.
well, it's getting to the final stages for our Shake, Rattle & Roll for
PD event/weekend in Peoria, IL.
here is what we have lined up:
on Saturday, June 28th, we kick off with our Patients as Providers
symposium sponsored by PLWP (People Living With Parkinson's) entitled:
"DBS-is it right for me?" this program will be held at the U of I
College of Medicine in Peoria, IL and starts at 9:30 am. serving as
moderator for our panel will be Dr. Richard Weber Ph.D, Associate
Professor of Immunopharmacology & Microbiology at the University of
Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria. on the panel we have confirmed:
Dr. Michael Rezak, Director of the Movement Disorders  Functional
Neurosurgery Program at Glenbrook & Evanston Hospitals; Dr. Paul Carvey,
Professor Of Neurological Sciences and Pharmacology as well as Chairman
of the Department of Pharmacology at Rush Presbyterian Hospital; Dr.
Patrick Tracy, Clinical Associate Professor of Neurology at the
University of Illinois College of Medicine; and Dr Jai Kumar, Clinical
Associate Professor of Neurology at the University of Illinois College
of Medicine.
these doctors will give an overview of the DBS procedure and who
qualifies and when and then after refreshments provided by the Parkinson
Alliance, will engage the audience in an interactive discussion and a
question & answer segment.
also represented will be Medtronics and the Illinios Association For
Mental Health.
this program is presented free of charge.

in the afternoon, after the symposium, all interested may attend a
"parkie-picnic" to be held in Chillicothe, Il at the Pearce Community
Center. PLWP will provide sandwiches and some desserts and we ask that
you bring a dish to share and your own beverages. no alcoholic beverages
allowed but if you so desire-there is a nice pub right down the road.

i have made arrangements with 2 area motels to offer discounts to our
event. if you are interested, please call Tim at the Super 8 Motel
(309-274-2568) or Jan at the AmericInn (309-692-9200) and mention our
event to get the reduced rate. both places will have directions to all
activities as well as other parkies there.

on Sunday, June 29th, we will start to set up for our Shake, Rattle &
Roll event which will be held at Le
Vieux Carre along the beautiful downtown Peoria riverfront at around 9
am. all help will be appreciated.
the event will kick off at 10:30 am with Ken Carlysle (formerly of Ken
Carlysle & the Cadillac Cowboys) plays a solo set combined with the
off-beat humor of Crow Carroll as we finish the preparations and begin
the early bird registration. at noon, we will have brief comments by
Michael Bryant-CEO of Methodist Medical Center and Carol Walton,
Executive Director of The Parkinson Alliance. the Parkinson Alliance is
our sponsoring organization for the Shake, Ratttle & Roll event. during
these introductions and comments there will be lots of coffee, juice,
fruit and sweets. then at 12:45 the easy walk, stroll or roll along the
pathway along the Illinois river will begin to the sounds of the area's
premier Bluegrass band: Applegate and Company. After returing, we will
be serving lunch items and take time to browse our raffle table
selections. we will have 2 raffles: 1) for boxing gloves autographed by
MR. MUHAMMAD ALI & 2) six (6) themed baskets each worth a total of
$500+. These items (plus doorprizes to be awareded all during the day)
will be drawn during the great Jazz sounds of local legends David
Parkinson, John Miller and Steve Degenford who will play until 4 or
whenever no one is around to listen. cocktails will be served by Pat
Sullivan of Kelleher's Irish Pub after 2 pm.

so as you can see, we have a full weekend planned. if anyone needs
further info, please go to plwp.org or to the parkinson alliance website
or feel free to email me directly. hope to see you here!!!

--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder       51/13
http://www.pwnkle.com/jes/jes_web/index.htm