Bob:

Had one of those recently.  I dreaded the oncoming experience but was
surprised that it turned out to be a non-event.  A friend drove me to the
doctors office.  The staff was very friendly and professional.  They know
how you feel.  They did all they could to minimize embarrassment and stress.
  Not a Hawkeye in the bunch.  The combination of Demerol and Valium
relieved the muscle pain of my PD for the first time in years.  For one
blessed' hour I was pain free.  The news was good, no polyps, which relieved
a fear which I had kept in the back of my mind.  Afterwards, I felt like a
veteran, proud and mature. Not a bad experience.  Just keep telling yourself
it's the wise thing to do.  David