Hi Ivan,
Made one more Forum, without Brig this time, just too difficult for him to
make the trip.  Last one, he froze in Union Station, and had to literally run
from one end to the other, I was sure he was going to run into someone or fall
flat on his face.  I had two suitcases and you know the books they give you,
trying to catch him and get him on the train.  No one would give an inch, until
I in my sweet voice(you know what that is, I wasn't a teacher for nothing),
said "Could I please get my husband on the train, he has Parkinson's, the
disease Michael J. Fox has."  The seas parted and everyone was most helpful, asking
questions, and offering to help me with the luggage.  Amazing what a little
notoriety will do.......
Lots of old timers were missing, a lot of new young faces and I mean young,
like you when you were first diagnosed, scary!!!!!!!

To your request, as a caregiver, medication is a sore subject, because I
can't get Brig to stay on any type of a schedule.  I try my darnest, he gets
involved in something, for he forgets, even though I remind him, won't use any type
of alarm, which we had and he lost.  He seems to think still, that pop a
pill, and in 5 minutes you will be on.  Those days are gone forever, sometimes, it
takes 45 minutes or then there is dose failure. He is still mobile, drives
only a few blocks, I do all the other driving.  You know, Brig has been on
Sinemet for 17 years, Eldepryl, for the first 16 years, on Mirapex since it came
out, and now on Amantadine, for about 6 months.  That is along time to be on
Sinemet and have it still work, of course, when he and you were diagnosed, there
was no choice.  But he has been most fortunate, for which I have always
credited Eldepryl.  His neurologist believes if it works, take it, if not, try
something else.  This disease is so frustrating for the patient and for the
caregiver, because there is still no cause and no cure, just do the best you can.
I don't know if this is what you want, I can only look at it from my
perspective.  To be perfectly hones, I don't remember what my life was like without
Parkinson's Disease and I don't have it.

Fondly,
Gerry