Bob A.  Just the word "colonoscopy"is scary.   However, you are given an
IV before you go into the the O.R>, then in the O.R. they "Squirt" a
nice, happy go lucky type sedative into the IV.  When you wake up, it's
over, and you feel like you've had 5 mai-tais with no hangover. I was
able to leave for home within 2 hours. After I got home, I slept fo about
4 hours.
Mine was negative and I hope yours will be tool  Jo Ann