hi all

FYI from that indefatigible parky
joan blessington snyder ([log in to unmask])
of chillicothe, illinois,
who posted the following at 06-06-2003 05:39 PM:

it seems that somehow, someone else thought of an idea for an event that
they are calling Shake, Rattle and Roll and that this event will be held on
the same weekend (June 28th & 29th) as our event. this is just to help
avoid confusion and to clarify the details.

the 2nd annual Shake, Rattle & Roll weekend for PD is being held in
Chillicothe and Peoria, Illinois. there will be about 40 pwp's on hand to
help celebrate this event from all over the country and even from alaska.

this event will begin on saturday am, the 28th of june at 9:30 with a
program presented by PLWP (People Living With Parkinson's) entitled
Patients As Providers. the topic this year is "DBS - is it right for me?"

this program will be held at the University of Illinois College of Medicine
and will feature a stellar line-up of speakers:
 - Dr. Michael Rezak - Director of the Movement Disorders Functional
Neurosurgery at Glenbrook and Evanston Hospitals near Chicago;
 - Dr. Paul Carvey - the professor of Neurological Sciences and
Pharmacology & Chair of the Dept. of Pharmacology at Rush Presbyterian
Hospital in Chicago (Dr.Carvey was just given a grant from the Michael J.
Fox Foundation to continue his work);
 - Dr. Patrick Tracy - Clinical associate Professor of Neurology at the
University of Illinois and
 - Dr. Jai Kumar who is also a Clinical Associate Professor of Neurology at
the University of Illinois. this panel will be moderated by
 - Dr. Rick Weber: Associate of Immunopharmacology and and Microbiology at
the University of Illinois.

after this spectacular and free discussion of the subject, PLWP will host a
"parkie-picnic" with loads of great food and plenty of opportunity to get
to know other pwp's.

then on sunday morning, we will present our walk-sponsored by the Parkinson
Alliance and called officially SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL FOR PD. it will begin
with live music from Ken Carlysle at 10:30 am. coffee, juice, sweets and
fruit will be available for early bird registaration that begins at 11 am.

at noon, local tv personality Gina Morss will kick off the day with
comments and brief speakers;
 - Michael Bryant (CEO of Methodist Medical Center);
 - David Leitch State Represntative and
 - Carol Walton (Executive Director of the Parkinson Alliance).

at 12:45 the one mile, easy roll, stroll or walk will begin to the sounds
of Applegate & Co., a well known bluegrass band. after the walk, we will
have more speakers:
 - Greg Wasson &
 - Aj Campbell of PAN

then at 2 pm we will begin drawings for 6 raffle baskets each worth $500+
and the coup de gras - a pair of boxing gloves autographed by THE GREATEST
- MR. MUHAMMAD ALI.

all this will finish with a jazz jam by local legends David Parkinson,
Steve Degenford, "Big" John Miller & Mike Nellis.

i am certain this is just one of those things that happen when
organizations are operating independently of each other and not aware of
other's activities. i wish the group in Atlanta the best.

"Hang tough..no way thru it but to do it."
Chris-in the-morning on Northern Exposure

Jes aka joan blessington snyder