i seems that somehow, someone else thought of an idea for an event that
they are calling Shake, Rattle and Roll and that this event will be held
on the same weekend (June 28th & 29th) as our event. this is just to
help avoid confusion and to clarify the details. the 2nd annual Shake,
Rattle & Roll weekend for PD is being held in Chillicothe and Peoria,
Illinois. there will be about 40 pwp's on hand to help celebrate this
event from all over the country and even from alaska. this event will
begin  on saturday am, the 28th of june at 9:30 with a program presented
by PLWP (People Living With Parkinson's) entitled Patients As Providers.
the topic this year is "DBS-is it right for me?" this program will be
held at the University of Illinois College of Medicine and will feature
a stellar line-up of speakers: Dr. Michael Rezak-Director of the
Movement Disorders Functional Neurosurgery at Glenbrook and Evanston
Hospitals near Chicago; Dr. Paul Carvey-the professor of Neurological
Sciences and Pharmacology & Chair of the Dept. of Pharmacology at Rush
Presbyterian Hospital in Chicago (Dr.Carvey was just given a grant from
the Michael J. Fox Foundation to continue his work); Dr. Patrick
Tracy-Clinical associate Professor of Neurology at the University of
Illinois and Dr. Jai Kumar who is also a Clinical Associate Professor of
Neurology at the University of Illinois. this panel will be moderated by
Dr. Rick Weber: Associate of Immunopharmacology and and Microbiology at
the University of Illinois. after this spectacular and free discussion
of the subject, PLWP will host a "parkie-picnic" with loads of great
food and plenty of opportunity to get to know other pwp's.
then on sunday morning, we will present our walk-sponsored by the
Parkinson Alliance and called officially SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL FOR PD. it
will begin with live music from Ken Carlysle at 10:30 am. coffee, juice,
sweets and fruit will be available for early bird registaration that
begins at 11 am. at noon, local tv personality Gina Morss will kick off
the day with comments and brief speakers; Michael Bryant (CEO of
Methodist Medical Center); State Represntative David Leitch and Carol
Walton (Executive Director of the Parkinson Alliance). at 12:45 the one
mile, easy roll, stroll or walk will begin to the sounds of Applegate &
Co., a well known bluegrass band. after the walk, we will have more
speakers: Greg Wasson & Aj Campbell of PAN and serve brunch items.  then
at 2 pm we will begin drawings for 6 raffle baskets each worth $500+ and
the coup de gras-a pair of boxing gloves autographed by THE GREATEST-MR.
MUHAMMAD ALI. all this will finish with a jazz jam by local legends
David Parkinson, Steve Degenford, "Big" John Miller & Mike Nellis.
i am certain this is just one of those things that happen when
organizations are operating independently of each other and not aware of
other's activities. i wish the group in Atlanta the best.

--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder       51/13
http://www.pwnkle.com/jes/jes_web/index.htm