Hello Pamme,

If you have one near you try contacting an Alexander Technique Teacher. This
has helped me regain normal posture and is now acknowledged by the UK PD
Society as a complimentary therapy.

I was diagnosed 4/93; by 8/97 I stood like an ape; by 7/99 I was taking my
dog for a mile walk each day; by 12/99 I started to have difficulty walking
due to swollen legs and feet (side effects of Permax); when I'm able to walk
I do so uright and both arms swing.

I have yet to find a GP and Neuro that listen. I'm in the capable hands of a
Homoepath, a Reflexologist and a Alexander Teacher. This week I'm starting
the Bowen  system (www.bowen.com) which has had positive results in
Australia. I believe in alternative medicine and natural healing and am
weaning myself of meds (Permax 3mg/day and Sinemet 3x62,5/day)  which I have
kept to a minimum. I do not believe in DBS and am opposed to Stem cell
implants.

It takes many years for PD to develop and therefore it will take a few to
make a full recovery, by following a 'natural' path; which includes a good
diet, exercise (yoga) and rest. In my opinion meds accelerate the decline.

It isn't easy but by sheer will power and determination (the mind) I believe
I will succeed

God bless,
Marco (London, England)