for murray

all my responses to all your hard work are plausive

janet

------------------------------------
plausive (PLO-ziv, -siv) adjective

   Applauding.

[From Latin plaus-, past participle of plaudere (to applaud). Other words
that derive from the same Latin root are: plaudit, plausible, and explode.
The word "explode" appears out-of-place here until we realize that it
literally means "to drive out by clapping", from ex- (out) + plaudere
(to clap).]

  "Forty businessmen met at the Pittsburgh Hotel to complete plans for next
   week's voluntary Downtown cleanup campaign. Store owners who helped by
   maintaining their sidewalks would receive plausive signs for their front
   doors."
   On This Date; The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette; Jun 2, 1998.

  "For first-year volunteers and visitors to the Santa Fe Indian Market's
   artist competition Friday at the Sweeney Convention Center, wide-eyed
   amazement and plausive sentiments were the most common responses."
   John T. Huddy; Awe of the Beholder; The Albuquerque Journal; Aug 17, 2002.

This week's theme: yours to discover. Send your solution to [log in to unmask]
This week's words: extemporize, impresario, macroscopic, postdiluvian,
plausive.

Sponsored by:
Try an awesome stress reliever: Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty!
In adult-sized handfuls and amazing colors, http://puttyworld.com

And
Namix, providing smart naming solutions for products, services, and
businesses:
http://namix.com

If a triangle could speak, it would say, that God is eminently triangular,
while a circle would say that the divine nature is eminently circular.
-Baruch Spinoza, philosopher (1632-1677)

Q: What is your privacy policy?
A: AWAD mailing list addresses are never sold, rented, leased, traded,
   swapped, exchanged, or bartered to anyone. We don't like to receive
   junk mail, and know you don't either.

Pronunciation:
http://wordsmith.org/words/plausive.wav
http://wordsmith.org/words/plausive.ram