I can speak to the somewhat longer term effects of Sineme  I was dxed 9
years ago and, as was done in that long-ago age, was prescribed sinemet
25/100 3x/day (as well as 5 mg. eldepryl 2x/day.)
I later learned that I could have gotten by --and done pretty
well--without sinemet so early but I found it impossible to do without
it, at that point so I set out to cut down the dosage.  5 years later I
was down to half that dosage (combined with amantadine, mirapex and
permax) but even that began to give me unacceptable levels of dyskinesia.

Now, I have worked out my own regimen that my neurologist knows about,
but is not in wholehearted approval (because of the complexity of the
regimen.)  I take the same amount of Sinemet I was taking 4 years ago (2
and 1/2 tablets of 25/100 each day), but I divide each half-tablet in
half again (by biting it--its too small to cut) and take those about 1
and 1/2 hours apart.  It seems to keep the dyskinesia at bay and the day
goes pretty smoothly.

There are times when I fel the need to take the full 1/2 tablet of
Sinemet (when I am about to exercise or work in the garden) but usually not.

It works for me!
Nancy deG