Diane Wyshak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
www.stemcellresearchfoundation.org is publishing a booklet to present to
journalists to get the word out about stem cell research.

www.stemcellresearchfoundation.org

No reflection on you Diane, but I have grave reservations
about this so-called foundation. Input from list members requested.  Am I the only one skeptical about this "foundation?" I don't think it passes the "smell" test. If any others have checked it out, I'd like to know what you think.

Nothing is disclosed as to who they are (see "about us"). The parent org is a 501(c) (3).  This org is a "program" under it. This "foundation" puts out an Annual Report?!  If I'm getting the drift or whiff of what's going on here, the educational director or whatever she's called is going to hit the speaker circuit and peddle our stories, and also print whatever she/they feel like gleaning from them after you give up all and I mean ALL your rights and sell the publications. Clearly this program or "foundation" is for profit, and it appears to be a scam--which I fear is putting it mildly.

See the liability disclaimer and an excerpt from their privacy statement:
Liability Statement DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES

THE INFORMATION THAT IS PROVIDED IN THIS WEBSITE IS A PUBLIC SERVICE OF THE STEM CELL RESEARCH FOUNDATION (SCRF). IT SHOULD NOT IN ANY WAY SUBSTITUTE FOR THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL AND IT IS NOT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE MEDICAL ADVICE. THE ORGANIZATIONS MENTIONED IN THE WEBSITE ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH SCRF. IN ADDITION, SCRF DOES NOT GIVE ANY ENDORSEMENT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PRODUCTS OR PROGRAMS OFFERED BY THESE ORGANIZATIONS.

FURTHERMORE, THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR MATERIAL MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THOURGH THIS WEBSITE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SCRF EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.

SCRF DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION AT THIS SITE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE INFORMATION AT THIS SITE, INCLUDING TO THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR PRICES DESCRIBED AT THIS SITE, AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE. INFORMATION AT THIS SITE THAT IS PERIODICALLY UPDATED MAY NOT BE CURRENT AT THE MOMENT YOU VISIT THIS SITE.

SCRF MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; THAT MESSAGES OR REQUESTS WILL BE DELIVERED; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SCRF ALSO DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT.

SCRF MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SITE. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF SITE AND SERVICES.

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL SCRF, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, PARTNERS, ADVERTISERS, SUPPLIERS, AND AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, OR THE MATERIALS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS SITE OR SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL SCRF, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THIS SITE BE LIABLE TO YOU IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DESIGN MADE OR ACTION OR NON-ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE UPON INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF SCRF ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR CLAIM, E.G. CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, MALPRACTICE, FRAUD OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY) IS LIMITED TO THE PURCHASE PRICE OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICE YOU PURCHASED IN THE RELEVANT TRANSACTION.
E-commerce Security
... The Stem Cell Research Foundation (SCRF) is dedicated to providing you with a secure online experience and has devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that the information provided to us is safeguarded. Please review the steps that we have taken to protect your information and to make safe online transactions. Additional steps that you can take to protect yourself further are described in the Browser Security Signals section below.
Secure Donation
Every online purchase or donation transaction is encrypted to help ensure that your donation or book order is safe, to help protect you from credit card theft or misuse. Encryption scrambles all of the personal information that you send via the SCRF website, when you make an online contribution or purchase a publication. We use the latest technology to prevent information interception
charlotte mancuso

http://www.stemcellresearchfoundation.org/WhatsNew/Story.htm