From: "Greg Wasson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: Thanks

> Marco,
>
> The rules for subscribers provides: "Parkinsn is open to all people with a
legitimate, non-commercial interest in Parkinson's who wish to exchange
information and experiences with other subscribers...Subscriptions are not
accepted from those interested only in promoting commercial products or
services of any kind."

> I refer to this rule, which is standard on most chronic illness bulletin
boards, as the "fish in a barrel" rule.

> Linda wrote in her second post:  It works for me and thousands of other
people with other
> > related
> > health problems.  I hope I have answered some of your questions, if you
want
> > try the products,let me know\leave me your name and address and I will
mail
> > you a
> > brochure, or call me at 701-730-5267 , cell#  or 701-293-3476 home#
either
> > one
> > is fine.              Thank you, Linda S. (Stumble Bunny2)
> >                         Have a great day!
>
> Marco wrote: "She mentioned what she had taken but did not attempt to
> promote the sales of the products, she simply said that she had chosen to
act as an agent for the company. Why are we not capable of universally
sharing her happiness at being able to lead a relatively normal existence
again instead of suspecting her as being a salesperson for Herbalife."

> First of all, she IS a salesperson - i.e., she says she takes five of the
products and that she sells them for profit and personally recommends them
and gives two phone numbers on the internet for anyone who wants to buy the
products or would like a brochure. That's an offer to sell in anyone's book.

> Whether Linda is just trying to tell the world about great new herbal
cures for PD that she believes work and happens to sell, or is selling snake
oil misses the point. Marco, you assume that she is honest and would not
take advantage of a  group of chronically ill people desperate for a cure.
That is a big assumption. Has this person posted before? Does anyone on the
ListServe know her personally?

> You may be right Marco. But the ListServe doesn't allow people who are
salespeople for palliatives, poultices, or cures to make sales pitches for
their products because unfortunately we are something akin to fish in a
barrel here.