 June 18, 2003

 Parkinson Action Network
Texas Grass-Roots Movement

Dear friend, neighbor, care partner and fellow parkinsonian,

It is being called the Texas miracle.  And that is quite possibly what it really is.  A miracle we were not run over again.  A miracle we discovered our grass-roots voice.  A miracle we were able to defeat special-interest groups and deceitful politicians who wanted to impose their myopic views on the chronically ill. A miracle we were able to join forces with other chronically ill Texans to work in harmony and re-take our State Capital. A miracle to watch hard working, dedicated and selfless advocates show our legislators there are indeed consequences to the Legislation they take under consideration. It's a miracle we will have time to build our community, in order to be prepared for the 79th Texas Legislature which will be upon is only 18 months from now.

It is truly the Texas miracle.

Now the question becomes, how do you get lightning to strike in the same place twice?

The answer of course is through the help of dedicated individuals like you.

Dedicated individuals, like you, who understand their involvement in this crusade to find the cure for Parkinson's disease is critical.  Dedicated individuals, like you, who are willing to put up the time necessary for loved ones.  Dedicated individuals, like you, who understand the difference between being a special interest and being a constituency.  Dedicated individuals, like you, who are willing to work for the greater good together, rather than separately. Dedicated individuals, like you, who believe that greater and bigger possibilities do exist, right here and right now.  Dedicated individuals that will answer this call whether they are patient, care partner, loved one, or friend.

If you want to join with other dedicated individuals who want to be a part of this miracle please contact us now. Right now. We do so look forward to working with you. And if your not from the Great State of Texas (our condolences) we will be more than happy to share our story and action plan, helping you to be successful too.

Sincerely,

Co-Coordinator
Terry Bowers
Tehuacana  TX