George and others - I have had lots of trouble with doube vision.  Like
changes in medication, sometimes the change itself seems to be
beneficial-- for a while.  I wore prisms for distance and for reading
for about 2 years (prescribed by a neuro-opthamologist) and then they
ceased to work:  the double vision returned when I was tired or
stressed, particularly with the distance glasses..  Then new
prescriptions were written, without prisms and that was better for a
short while (3-4 months), but the problem returned.  Closing one eye is
not a very high tech solution, but it works.

Nancy deGrazia