Provigil is the brand name for Modafinil.  It is prescribed for individuals
who have difficulty staying awake, especially Narcolepsy.  From what I have
read on the internet it does have side affects such as impaired judgement.  Also
can be habit forming.  I have been taking it for 4 months. My Neurologist
originally prescribed 400MG (2 tablets) each morning.  I did experience some side
affects, so I reduced it to one tablet.  Before I started Provigil I
experienced drowsiness like you, especially in meetings, and I had no control over it.
Since I halved the dosage, I am now not aware of any side affects, other than
occasional dry mouth.  I keep water nearby my desk and hard candy.  But I can
tolerate this side affect to overcome my past experiences of drowsiness
brought on by the PD meds.  I especially do not consume any alcohol.   Consult with
your Neurologist.  Like many meds, there may be prevailing conditions that
make the medication harmful to your health.

Gary