HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL

Like many other Parkinsonians, I'm coming to my peers for assistance.

I have been diagnosed for 6 1/2 years and generally my symptoms are not
severe...I am slow and my back is stiff but my meds seem to handle most other
problems.

Since the day I was given the "good news" I have been taking 4 Prolopa 200/50
per day and it has worked like a miracle drug.  On getting a second opinion
recently, it was decided that I would add 3 Requip 1mg daily. I haven't noticed
any difference in myself with the additional drugs.  By way of explanation
Prolopa, which is made by Roche, is the Cdn equivilent of Sinemet.  The
difference is the carrier...the L-dopa in Prolopa is carried by benserazide while in
Sinemet it is carried by carbidopa.

My problem is excessive sweating.  Not only is it embarrassing but I have to
drink copious amounts of water to stay hydrated and in the colder seasons to
protect against getting a chill.

Neither my original neurologist, Dr. Donald Chew nor Dr. Mandar Jog of the
Movement Disorder Clinic at the London (Ontario) Health Sciences Centre have
made any useful sugggestions

Does anyone else suffer this problem and if so have you any assistence to
offer???

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.