Ellyn,
      I experience shortness of breath as part of my "On-Off" cycle.  I
noticed it happening some time after I switched from 25/100
Carbidopa-Levodopa imediate release to 50/200 Carbidopa-Levodopa ER
(extended release) enhanced with 200 mg Comtan.  The shortness of breath
happens as my last dose wears off or as my new dose ramps up.  If I take
my next dose as soon as I detect the end-of-dose feelings, I avoid some of
the breathing issues and other symptoms - but at the risk of shortening my
cycle.  My schedule is four doses a day at four hour intervals.  Some of
the things I do to stretch out a dose include relaxing rituals
(stretching, Yoga, Tai-Chi) and being very careful about the quantity of
protein I eat and when I eat it.  Best of luck on your journey,  Geo.

Ellyn Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
07/04/2003 07:36 PM
Please respond to Parkinson's Information Exchange Network