Thanks Kathleen,

Once more, give Ray my love and let her know that I'm pulling for her.  I'm glad to hear that things are going pretty well for her.  Sorry it wasn't without a hitch, but it seems to be really good so far.

Regards,
Charlotte Mancuso

Kathleen Cochran <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hii all,

Spoke to Ray this evening. She sends her love, says the list is like
family--we come together with diverse opinions, we support each other, and she
treasures us all.

Ray has done well and sounds really good -- her voice is strong and clear.
She came through her surgery swimmingly, but there was one hitch: her surgeon
was not satisfied with the placement on one side so it had to be redone. As I
understand it, this means the stimulator in the brain was repositioned and next
the second half of the wire near the collarbone will be implanted.

Without the hitch, the collarbone-wire thing would have been completed for
both sides in one pass. As it is, Ray has it on one side only. So Ray, who is
home now, has another procedure to look forward to at Scripps.

On the light side--with Ray, isn't there always a light side?--the surgeons
were amazed at how thick Ray's skull is. We always knew she was a hard-headed
woman!

Spike, who boarded with relatives and tried to find his way back home, was
apprehended in flight and will soon be united with Ray. Ray's mother is holding
steady.

Ray appreciates all your expressions of support.

Kathleen