Hi Jill,
I pray for you and your Mom.
My Dad had Parkinson's too, and I remember the wake up calls, and how the
family and
Dad dealt with it.  The very best thing I could do was to remind him and
show
him how much I loved him.  Dad and I always said "I love you" to each other.
That means more than volumes.  As Dad grew more ill, he began to question
his significance as a person.  That happens as depression looms in and out
as it
did with Dad.
I remember the Thanksgiving of 2000, before he died......when he said
"What good am I? What have I done that is worthy?"
[he was an awesome man, a very fine physician, meticulous, disciplined,
loving,
(and very strict!)]

I said "Dad, do you see your sons, and your daughter? Do you see all your
happy
grand children here today?" (the place was in real chaos with everyone
there!)
"Yes" he said
"We are your legacy, Dad, and without you, none of us would be alive
and loving each other today..you have led us well, and been our moral
compass,
and you taught us how to live and give...we are so very thankful"

God bless Dad.
Jeff Bayard

Help Fund the Cure!
http://dialforacure.com