Hello to everyone on the list.  I just joined yesterday.  My name is Jill, I am 35 and I have a mother who is 62 years old and was diagnosed with Parkinson's about five years ago (this is after having beaten thyroid cancer 8 years ago and a subsequent diagnosis of Fybromialgia (sp??) within a year after her surgery to remove her thyroid).  I'm hoping to get some great information from you guys and to be part of a community that can offer me some support--sounds like you guys might be good for that.  ;-}  Up until this last week, my mom had been doing really well.  Of course, she'd had her ups and downs, but last week was the first major wake-up call for us.  I've cried for five days now.  Sorry, I didn't mean to use this forum to whine, just wanted to let everyone know my situation.

I look forward to participating with everyone.  And, since I'm "new" to this, I would appreciate any help (whether I say something wrong, use the wrong terms or just plain make a mistake or if you know something that might help me, I'm always open to suggestions).

Thanks for reading!

Take care everyone,
Jill