I am giving my views just below the questions:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lucy Sargent" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 2:42 PM
Subject: Help with a new PDF publication for Parkinson's Disease

> The Parkinson's Disease Foundation (PDF) is launching a new booklet for
the mid-stage Parkinson's patient and we are asking if you can help us by
answering a few questions outlined below.

> This booklet is intended to be a practical guide on coping with PD at the
stage of the disease when it begins to interfere with everyday living
activities. We hope to provide readers with advice and tips on day-to-day
coping. The publication will be widely available and free of charge.

> We would be very grateful if you could share your thoughts with us by
answering the following questions:

> 1.  What specific topics you would consider to be MOST helpful/useful in
such a publication? e.g. dealing with depression, nutrition, exercise,
adapting your home/surroundings etc.
>    A. Nutrition & nutritional supplements
       B.  Exercise
        C. Sleep habbits
> 2.  In order of priority, what areas of day-to-day living does Parkinson's
most interfere with?
    A. Movement
    B. Getting up from the sitting position
    C. Writing
    D. Speaking

> 3. What practical advice/tips help you manage your PD that you would be
happy to share with others?
    I have so far been able to manage wihtout any prescription drugs.
Supplements like Oral Reduced Glutathione, Acetyl-L-carnitine, Co En Q10,
NADH, Lipoec Acid, halped me a lot in achieving this.  I am also taking
Ayurvedic medicine.
> 4. What sort of resources would be useful to include?
> Benefits of nuritonal supplements and their modes of action
    Up to date info n the varius therapies available today.
    Various prescription drugs and their good and side effects .
    Various info links on PD and related disorders/

> Your input will help us to shape the content and context of this
publication. All comments are very gratefully received. If you would prefer
to telephone me to discuss your ideas, I would be delighted to hear from
you - you can reach me on (800) 457 6676.

> With many thanks for your support of our work at The Parkinson's Disease
Foundation.

> The Parkinson's Disease Foundation is dedicated to funding the highest
caliber research into the causes and cure of Parkinson's.

mailto:[log in to unmask]