I had a terrible time sleeping until I was prescribed Mirtazapine 20 mg tab
at bedtime.

Les Combs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom McCreary" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 10:38 PM
Subject: new symptom

>    I cant sleep. After seeing  a new nuero out of necesssity my drugs have
been   changed.  6 year old regimen of :
> 1 Sinemet  25/100 1xday,   1 Symmetryl 1x/day,    1 Eldepryl 1x/day,
1 sinemet 25/100 CR and Mirapex 3xs/day ...
> modified to:
>  1 sinemt 25/100 with 1 Comptan 3x/day,  and 1Mirapex 3 xs/day....
>
> Result =  Offs  were   very bothhersome  so I initiated all 3 at smae time
anad got a little betteer performacnne.  Next visit was in 3  weeks which
was last Thursday

> My offs still were comng  too quick and too debilitating.  So new Dr
droppped Mirapex  and added 1/2 tab more Sinemet 25/100 resulting in good
ons but offs were still unacceptable appeariing at 3 hours into 4 four
dosage schedule  So I dropped the 1/2 dose of Sinemet and added  back in 1
Sinemet  CR 25/100 with hopes of reducing off time by increasaing on.  This
has given  a  more workable on tine frame.

> Here is the problem.  The second night or last Friday i didnt sleep. All
was fine until bed time.  WHen i became still a guick tensiioning of an
isolated muscle group producing something of a tiny explosive jerk reactiion
began occurring and very persistent.  When i got up it wouldnt occurr but
when relaxed it would reappear.  Sometimes in new areas.  Saturuday was fine
Staurdady night Hell night 2.  Sundday was fair and tonight sassme thing is
occuring.

> Have I decended to anoother level of PD.  What might tomorrow bring?  More
worrysome is tomorrow night?.  The new DR isnt available on weekends but her
answeirng machine is on duty.
> I will be calling with my concerns.
> If you have made it this far i would like some relative coments if you
have any.

mailto:[log in to unmask]