It seems to me, Greg, that the responsibility you accepted-that of patient
advocate on the stem cell panel-"hangs heavy" on your mind.  And well it
should!  While you speak, you represent  the millions in absentia who aren't
even aware that one day, something you have to say, at some point in time,
might make an immense difference in a patient's quality of life-whether it
be in stem-cell medication, methodology, economic relief or in enlightened
doctor-patient relations.   You are to be commended!

However, when you speak of propaganda, I have to differ with you.  In my
mind, there's a difference between opening the eyes of the general public
and MARKETING this PD and/or degenerative neuromuscular disease awareness
agenda
compared to PROPAGANDIZING a point of view possibly based on political party
rhetoric,
religious beliefs and self aggrandizement-and I don't care what one believes
privately as long as I am represented fairly politically.  Politicians
depend on
coins that fill coffers and party favors that offer position payoffs. The
entire Stem
cell issue is a political plum!

As I sit here tapping keys, I cannot help but think it is all semantics.
What you friend recommended makes sense.  We did dance.  We did use hammers.
We did carry three grocery bags into the kitchen at a time.  However, in
my mind's eye, we were never unfettered.  If we accepted our
responsibilities here on Earth,
we have been anything but unfettered, and it is this "fettering" that
probably contributed to the
drastic changes in our lives today!

As one who now sits on the sidelines, I would like to personally thank you,
Greg,  for accepting the patient advocacy spot.  I also hope you will keep
us informed.  I believe you have a wonderfully intelligent contribution  to
offer.

In closing, I would hope that you might consider not just stories of the
lives of PDers, etc., but living examples as well as a video in "A Day in
the Life of........."
Let your audience SEE what life is like for individuals with degenerative
neuromuscular
diseases.  There are a number of stages to view.  More than one demonstrates
FETTERED.

In thought and mind; in caring and friendship,
E (of the headdress).