Greg,

I think we need to face reality that in todays world the marketing of 'the
body beautiful' and all that it embraces is the way of life; just turn on
your TV or look at a magazine. The truth is society hides away the sick,
infirm and aged; and dare I say it ugly. Therefore, it would serve no
purpose to use some PwPer's in a Propoganda campaign. The word 'propoganda'
is often associated with presenting distorted facts, lies even, to achieve
an objective; in effect it's a negative word.

Another reality is that there is much 'self-interest', greed, bribery and
corruption in todays world therefore, finding support for any PD initiative
is not going to be easy because of the, "what's in it for me" mentality at
an individual and organisational(industry, medical or government) level.

The message is simple, "it could happen to them, or any one of their family"

Different? Are we? who says so? We do! They, the norm, don't, many are
indifferent and don't even have time to notice. So why bother emphasising
the physical changes as long as we have the same rights as other disabled
groups. As far as I'm concerned I've the same heart, soul and mind and
intellect that I had before PD and all the time in the world to myself to do
as I wish! 7 x 24 all mine more precious than money or material things. Time
to give to others.

Let me take this opportunity and try to express what I think we (PwPer's)
should be doing globally to help ourselves and others in the future.

Let me be frank this is a 'battle' plan to identify the causes of the
illness and stop it's progression; to advance new therapies; to expose the
Pharmaceutical industry; to expose the shortcomings of Neurologists and
Psychiatrists, for starters.

. A campaign to bring together all the PwP groups in the World using the
Internet -  a single voice, no duplication of effort, quicker implementation
of ideas

. Establishing a PwP organisation independent of any vested interests - even
Doctor's get PD

. Establish a fund by asking each PwP to make an annual subscription of say
$50 -   If you do the math it's potentially huge

. Establish a list of key Professionals who are not in it for the qudos

. A campaign to change the 'mind set'

. Establishing a database - of case histories

. Updating diagnostic procedures - to collect additional data

. A review of Medications and dosage - to avoid the slippery slope

. Changing the name - it's not a disease

. Establishing an 'effective' voice - action as well as words

. A model for other Neurological disorder groups

A polite observation, when will you and many others in PIEN, acknowledge
that there's a World beyond the east&west coasts of the USA. That there are
other members around the World who have good idea's and strong views but
fail to voice them because of the domination of US members and their almost
total pre-occupation with Stem-cell R&D.

With regards,

Marco