Marco, how did you make out on Pergolide?  After trying 5 meds with
horrendous side effects, this will be my 6th.  Among other things, I also suffer from a
cardiomyopathy.  My cardiologists want a baseline echocardiogram prior to me
starting, then again in 6 months and annually after that, which is what I do
anyway.  I am 53 and was diagnosed last year.  I  grew up in the city, nowhere
near any farm land.  With the exception of 3 weeks in 1978, when I took either
Elavil or Etrafon (can't remember which) I never took any anti'd's.  I now
live in an apartment that has well water but I never used it as my drinking
source.  I drank bottled water up until about 5 years ago when I switched to
distilled water.  According to Dr. Andrew Weil, author of "Spontaneous Healing", it
is supposed to purge your body of toxins.  Among other supplements, I've been
taking 150 mg of CoQ10 for the past 5 years.  My father had PD.  He also grew
up in the city, no farmland, no anti'd's.  He was a patient, happy fella.  He
was born in '23.  In the mid-80s he had a bad cold and lost his sense of
smell (not taste).  Not much was thought about it back then.  Doctor said it may
come back, may not.  In '95 at age 72 he became very depressed.  It was decided
his depression came from the fact that his father died at age 72.  However,
in looking at a picture of him in '94, the mask was already developing.  I
think he was formally diagnosed around '96/'97.  At the end, they also told us he
had Alzheimer's.  I don't believe that now.  I believe his dementia was drug
induced.  He was a tool and dye maker by trade.  Don't know what toxins he
could have been exposed to in that environment.  My mother said he had sleep
disturbances after he came home from the War (II).  He was stationed in the Phillipi
ne Islands (correlation?)

I enjoy your posts to PIEN and find them very informative and interesting.

Roberta Innarella