There is only one reason that escr opponents do not attack a far less defensible and equally deliberate process wherein excess embryos are created knowing that the "parents" will choose only the healthiest to implant into the womb, as a way of having children (itself a lifestyle choice not a life or death choice): they would be crushed by public opinion which accepts IVF procedures now. It was different when "Baby Louise" was first conceived by IVF 25 years ago.

Also, do you think that most moms and dads would have chosen NOT to have their children vaccinated against polio knowing the vaccine was made using fetal tissue?

The enitire argument of the other side is a mass of contra-fictions, with, in my mind, one object. Overturning "Roe v Wade". For our community to have ignored this in the fight over stem cell research has been, in my opionion a disabling mistake.

Maxine Krugman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
while you may have only posted this time linda, your words are always
profound.
maxine