Dear Thomas,  An interesting film was done in Germany that may
interest you.   I have no idea when it was done but it has been well
over thirty years since I saw it.  The title is "Die Reste ist
Schweige" (The Rest is Silence).  It is a modern adaptation in which
Ophelia is the daughter of a rich family.  At the end of the film she
goes insane. She goes into the family green house and breaks all the
blossoms on the flowers and, as I recall, is then taken away to an
asylum.  Let me know if you find it on tape becuase I would really
like to see it again.  yrs, tom ault