There are 4 or 5 companies that will store the blood
from the umbilical cord.  They range in cost from
about $750 to $ 1500.  There was an article in the
Palm Beach Post this past spring comparing the
services.  I am sorry that I do not have the reference
at my finger tips, but I will try and get it for you
if you need it.
--- Texas Parkinsonism Advocate