From: "Tom McCreary" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 6:56 PM
Subject: MD. vs DO.

> I am looking for a new neurologist.   In the past, there was a difference
in the level of educational requirements for a DO compared to that of an MD.
In the field of neurology is that gap worth consideration are has that
education gap been minimized to the point where one is as capable as the
other. This came to my attention during a discussion with another health
care professional when they mentioned Neurologists are typically educated in
the area of neuroleptic drugs.  My current Neuro is a DO and had me drop
Sinemet CR, Eldepryl and Symmetryl all in one day cold turkey style. The
following week i was instructed to drop Mirapex.  Currently, i am only on
Sinemet 25/100 and Comtan 4x's /day.  My biggest concern is her ability to
prescribe anti-depressant correctly..   Depression is eating my lunch and
supper too.

mailto:[log in to unmask]