Hi Marco:
Who's leaving the list?
 Anyways, I like the points  made here.  I have a question.
Forgive my ignorance, as Dad died from complications brought on
by Parkinsons, as some of you folks know.

My Dad, a physician, called it a "disease", and I witnessed
his rapid decline, and it appeared to me as a "disease".  You
folks please be tolerant of my question, as I begin to learn
more.  I have his medical records, and although I am not a
physician, it appears he was taken from neurological failures
brought on by Parkinsons.

Although in the strictest of definitions, Parkinsons has no
"pathogen",  his vital functions were afflicted, especially
his mind, he had symptoms and he was basically thrown into chaos,
and he knew at first what was happening, but as he continued in
degrees into that chaos, God it was tough for me to watch, and
Mom, God bless her, she is lonely.
I am committed to helping the cause for finding the cure,
absolutely. Anyways, help me with this one. How do you define
disease, and how is Parkinsons defined?

You also make good points about how we US folks think
inside the box,the Box being the USA.  I, too, read about
"stem cell this" and "stem cell that", and it does appear to
be an obsession, but  then again, I understand why and when
 politics are involved, it can get into some nasty arguments
where folks say what they should not say---you get heated
up for your side. Like myself, I dont believe abortion is
moral.  Thats my belief, but I am not going into a heated
debate about it. And if anyone on this list tries to do that
with me, I will simply not respond on the list to it,
as it is too divisive.

I believe folks can hold differing views
and still be good friends, and that should be the goal for
folks that share this list. I have a couple of good friends
that are gay, but I dont get into arguments with them
to espouse my views upon them.  Same as the stem cell,
or the war in Iraq, taxes, trial lawyers, etc.

I can see the hot debates about infant stem cells vs adult stem
cells, but I also see all the other ongoing research studies,
like
 http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/research/grants2002.html

Yes, there is plenty to argue about, but there is also plenty
to sing about too.  I would rather hear the songs here, and
if you got a disagreement with the law, then change it through
legislation, and make folks of like minds aware, so they can
help.
Whats ACTIVA?
How long has ACTIVA been around?

And Murray, I dont see how he keeps up with it all, but I am
sure glad he does what he does.

Well, thats my two cents, just dont make my two cents into a
Fort Knox of an issue just because I am asking why Parkinsons
is not a disease, when in todays politically correct climate,
everyone is calling every malady a "disease", like the fat
people suing McDonalds for giving them the "obese disease", or
alcoholics calling alcoholism a "disease". You can look it up
in the dictionary, and it probably reads like the common cold
is a disease.

Jeff Bayard
Help Fund the Cure!
http://dialforacure.com