From: "marija todorovska" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 2:05 PM
Subject: ImmunAge

> Hi All,
>
> My farther has Parkinson's, hence my interest to join the group.  You must
have heard about fermented papaya extract and its possible effect on the
health of the Pope.

> I will appreciate comments from those of you who have been taking Osato
Int.'s ImmunAge, or any other product containing papaya extract. I also read
an article according to which Holland and Barrett's "chewable papaya enzyme"
is a substitute (attached below).  The difference in price is a factor of
10. Both products are currently out of stock, so I thought there must be
people out there taking these food supplements.

> Thanks.
>
> Maria
>

>  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?xml=/health/2003/04/29/
>  hdoc29.xml
>
>  Health home
>  WomenChildren
>  Doctor's diary: Miracle cure for
>  Parkinson's?
>  (Filed: 29/04/2003)
>  Papaya seems to be working for the
>  Pope, says Dr James Le Fanu
>  Health Contact us
>  Having spent Holy Week in Rome, I am able to
>  confirm the remarkable improvement in the Pope's
>  health.
>  Now 83, he has been increasingly afflicted with
>  Parkinson's in recent years, and has shown all the
>  characteristic symptoms of poor mobility, shaky
>  hands and slurred speech.
>  But there was little evidence of any of these during
>  the Easter blessing he gave from the balcony at St
>  Peter's. His gestures were decisive, the tremor had
>  all but disappeared and his speech was clear and
>  coherent.
>  Vatican sources attribute this apparently miraculous
>  improvement to the advice of French virologist - and
>  discoverer of the Aids virus - Dr Luc Montagnier,
>  who visited the Vatican last year.
>  He suggested that the Pope take a health
>  supplement that includes extract of papaya, an
>  Apparently, Dr Montagnier has been investigating
>  the therapeutic value of papaya since observing, on
>  a trip to the Philippines, that the locals who
>  consume it in vast quantities "tend to live long and
>  healthy lives".
>  Family doctor Graham Hunter from Bexhill-on-Sea,
>  who kindly drew my attention to the details of the
>  papal cure, which is available in this country from
>  Holland and Barrett as "chewable papaya enzyme",
>  tells me that four of his patients with Parkinson's
>  are now taking the supplement and he "is awaiting
>  their comments with interest".

mailto:[log in to unmask]