Hello Listmembers,

 My name is Paula Wittekind; I'm one of three co-editors of the Grassroots Connection.  This is my first post but I've been reading awhile.  There is good information here.

I'd like to emphasize that the Grassroots Connection story about Dr. Keith Latham is a human-interest story that involves a new research compound.  It is not an endorsement and makes no claims about humans.  It simply tells about meeting the Lathams and describes their research.  GRC does not support research monetarily, but is a political advocacy website, whose purpose is to empower the neurological community by keeping them informed.

GRC is interested in only the facts and helping to find treatments and ways to improve quality of life for those suffering from Parkinson's and other neurological conditions.

GRC wholeheartedly agrees that the Parkinson's community must exercise caution about all research reports.  The purpose of the article was to make people aware of who and where Dr. Latham was, as it was being discussed on the Braintalk Parkinson Forum after a post about Parkinol by Murray Charters.

We are an independent website.   Our goal is to enable people to participate in the advocacy arena if they so desire, and to meet as many other needs of the neurological community as possible by providing information.

Sincerely,

Paula Wittekind

Editor, Grassroots Connection