I am looking for a new neurologist.   In the past, there was a difference in the level of educational requirements for a DO compared to that of an MD.  In the field of neurology is that gap worth consideration are has that education gap been minimized to the point where one is as capable as the other. This came to my attention during a discussion with another health care professional when they mentioned Neurologists are typically educated in the area of neuroleptic drugs.  My current Neuro is a DO and had me drop Sinemet CR, Eldepryl and Symmetryl all in one day cold turkey style. The following week i was instructed to drop Mirapex.  Currently, i am only on Sinemet 25/100 and Comtan 4x's /day.  My biggest concern is her ability to prescribe anti-depressant correctly..   Depression is eating my lunch and supper too.

Is anyone using a  DO if so has your experience been  good?