On 6 Aug 2003 at 22:32, Jorge Romero MD wrote:

In science and medicine there is no cost of going public.

I understand the need for some secrecy at some very early stage in the
development of new drugs;  however, once one enters the "preclinical" stages
with the FDA, the whole thing should be a matter of public record, and be
supported by some published preclinical research.  Where is that?

I am not asking for the secrets of how to manufacture the drug.  Just the
chemical class, and its putative actions and rationale for its efficacy

Searching the FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) I could
find no mention of Parkinol, Latham, or Innovative Laboratories

Why must access to Dr. Latham's credentials be only via third parties?  How
about a listing of his publications?  His credential and publications are
not secret, I assume.

If one cannot confirm his credentials or his publications, then how can one
rely on the information about this putative secret new drug?

Again, I urge members of the Parkinsn List to exercise great caution.  The
greater the resistance and secrecy, the greater the need for caution.

Jorge Romero, MD

* * *

Hi All,

This is precisely why I post these articles here and elsewhere...

For astute critical analysis, awareness, timely investigation, full disclosure, credit (if due), condemnation (if due),
and shared potential.

Anyone else care to offer a opinion on this obscure article about an equally obscure guy and his "science", about this
teams sleuthing efforts, about Peg's excellent investigative reporting (my words), about the astute critiques offered
here and on the MGH BrainTalk, etc.?????

Opposing viewpoints, offered in good taste, make a debate of substance and are encouraged and most welcome on both
forums...

cheers .... murray