In "Cure Me if you Can", Readers Digest, August 2003 KIngsley former TV lefty
on "Crossfire" explains differences between fetuses. in vitro embryos, SCNT,
therapeutic vs. reproductive cloning and ends with this plea"

"Again, I can *respect those who have sincere ethical qualms with stem cell
therapy.  But anyone who opposes stem cell research on moral grounds had better
be able to look me in the eye and say "Mike, I know that science might be on
the verge of a cure for your disease,  I know that preventing stem cell
research means blocking a major avenue of hope for you and one million American
Parkinson's sufferers, as well as for victims of other diseases, including cancer.
 I know that an embryo is a clump of cells invisible to the naked eye.  It
has no tiny waving hands and feet, no brain, no sense of self-awareness, no
ability to feel pain or love or anything else. I know that nature itself kills
millions of embryo every day in the normal provess of human reproduction.  And I
know that blocking stem cell therapy won't directly save a single embryo.
'But I would rather ruin your life, health and hopes than allow this medical
miracle."

And here's the kicker:  My own government has entered the race on the SIDE OF
THE DISEASE."

*respect if you also call for shut-down of in vitro clinics and birth control
pills,  devices etc.- Rayilyn