For anyone who wants to check out adult day services in their area, the web
site is:

    www.nadsa.org

Adult Day services offers a variety of options for the individual who is not
interested in residential placement.  Our clients are rather high
functioning, but isolated because they are frequently left home alone to
fend for themselves.  The wide majority of our clients are in need of
socialization and recreation - not one-on-one dementia care.

Our facility is presently engaged in developing a center (we call it an
achievement center) for those folks with degenerative neurological diseases.
It is certainly not going to be a center for client care as much as it is
going to be a center for self-improvement.  Stay tuned.
God bless
Mary Ann Ryan (CG Jamie 63/23)